Goal of the Mentorship Program
The goal of the PME Mentorship Program is to match the expertise and interests of our volunteer mentors to the expressed needs of the entrepreneur who requires assistance in improving his/her business operations.
Who can be Guided and Helped?
An entrepreneur who is in need of advice and support for his/her business operations. You are a receiver of information, accepting the free advice while ensuring not to exploit the mentor’s time.
Role of the Mentee
• Make a personal commitment to work with a mentor
• Assume an active role in a mentoring partnership, initiating contact as necessary
• Share your financial and operational goals, strategies and company status with the mentor
• Ask the mentor specific questions
• Investigate potential solutions to business challenges prior to involving the mentor
• Learn from the constructive feedback of a mentor’s experience
• Assume responsibility for making all final decisions related to your business as well as for the consequences of your decisions
• Be considerate of the mentor’s time
• Accept or refuse the mentor’s advice, realizing that the mentor will not be liable for advice given in good faith
Expectations and Responsibilities of the Mentee
• Submit a completed Mentee Registration Form
• Operate within the stated parameters of ProMontreal Entrepreneurs’ legal and ethical policies
• Accept no financial investment from the mentor
• Discuss with the mentor your personal expectations regarding frequency of communication.
• Reply to telephone and/or email messages from the mentor within three business days
• Provide feedback on your mentoring relationship by completing Mentee Feedback Form
• Contact the PME Coordinator with any concerns regarding your mentorship relationship
What are the Benefits for the Mentee?
• Receive support and advice on financial, technical, legal, or any other general issue.
• Learn business strategies and techniques from a mentor with experience.
• Increase your awareness through the sharing of information.
Roles and Responsibilities
I agree to participate as a mentee in the PME Mentorship Program. I will openly share my business issues and ideas with my mentor and with individuals associated with the program. I understand that my mentor and other individuals associated with the program will use their best judgment when advising me about my business. I willingly commence a relationship with my mentor that shall not create any fiduciary or other obligation with respect to any outcomes of the advice or assistance provided.
I understand that confidentiality is important to developing a trusting mentoring relationship. I agree to maintain the confidentiality of the personal and business experiences provided by my mentor. I understand that due care will be taken to protect all reports, plans and other material I provide to my mentor and to ProMontreal Entrepreneurs, and that my ideas, business and personal affairs will not be discussed outside of ProMontreal Entrepreneurs without my explicit consent.
Conflict of Interest
I understand that my mentor or any ProMontreal Entrepreneurs staff, agent or PME Steering Committee member may not hold any direct or indirect financial interest in my business. I will report any real, potential or perceived conflict of interest, personal interest or competitive position of my mentor or others involved with ProMontreal Entrepreneurs to the PME Coordinator.
I will respond to my mentor’s telephone and email messages as quickly as possible, preferably within three business days. I understand that regular communication will help my mentor and I develop a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship.
I agree to communicate professionally with my mentor and the PME Coordinator, and follow general etiquette rules. I further agree to attempt to work through any relationship conflicts that may arise with my mentor. If my mentor and I are unable to maintain a beneficial working relationship within the context of the program, I will advise the PME Coordinator
I understand that ProMontreal Entrepreneurs will follow up with telephone and email exchanges between my mentor and myself in order to evaluate and make improvements to the PME Mentorship Program. To further facilitate and encourage program enhancement, I agree to complete a Mentee Feedback Form.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
I understand and do hereby confirm that any advice, communication, suggestion or intervention received from a mentor, professional, agent and/or staff of ProMontreal Entrepreneurs and/or Ometz, is offered on an advisory basis only, which I am free to accept or reject.
Consequently, I alone shall bear complete and sole responsibility for any decision I make resulting from my participation in the PME Mentorship Program.
I further agree to hold harmless and indemnify any mentor, professional, agent and/or staff of ProMontreal Entrepreneurs and/or Ometz, its officers, board members and staff, from any claim, recourse and/or right of action resulting from my participation in the PME Mentorship Program.